CATEGORY Appetizer, Main Dish
SERVING SIZE 106 g ( 2 quarters )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 2
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion strips
- 1/4 cup colored bell peppers, julienne cut
- 2 Tbs sliced mushrooms
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 CBF Tortilla Wraps
- 2 Tbs shredded cheddar cheese
- Oil for cooking the quesadillas
- Heat oil in a large saute pan; add strips of onion and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute on medium-high heat for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Sprinkle mixture with chili powder, cumin, salt, and cilantro and mix well; remove from heat.
- Lay out 1 tortilla and evenly spread cooked mixture onto the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top if using shreds or evenly spread Cheese Wizard on top of remaining tortilla and cover. Brush the top lightly with vegetable oil.
- Heat a clean nonstick saute pan and place the quesadilla, oiled side down, into the heated pan. Brush oil on the dry side of the quesadilla.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Flip and cook the other side.
- Cut quesadilla into 4 segments and serve.
- SUGGESTIONS: Try serving with salsa and a dollop of guacamole.
|Per Recipe||Per Serving|