Careers at Ajinomoto Cambrooke
Want to make a difference in the world?…
If so, come join the dynamic and passionate team of professionals at Ajinomoto Cambrooke who are doing just that!
Your future is waiting for you at Ajinomoto Cambrooke! Cambrooke has assembled the best people, processes, and science to meet the needs of our patient and clinical landscape. We are always looking for people who share our passion for helping all, worldwide, with chronic conditions requiring specialized nutrition!
Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer-Vets/Disabled, committed to a diverse workforce.
If you need assistance with completion of an application for employment, please contact the Human Resources Department at 978 862 1980.
Attracting and retaining the best and the brightest workers is a fundamental goal of Cambrooke and allows us to deliver a superior product to our patients, clinicians, and scientific community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a team environment that has everyone working toward the same goal. Cambrooke is dedicated to improving the lives of patients and families who are struggling with debilitating conditions and illnesses. All of our employees, from finance and marketing to science and product development, have an opportunity to play a significant role in furthering the company's mission to develop and commercialize life-altering nutritional therapeutics that treat serious medical conditions.
Careers at Cambrooke are challenging and rewarding. If you are looking for a career where you can contribute to the discovery, development, and commercialization of medical food therapies for patients with serious unmet needs, we want to talk with you. We are currently expanding across the US, Canada, and Europe and are looking for qualified candidates who possess integrity, fierce determination, compassion, and confidence.
Location: Ayer, MA Department: Finance
The Revenue Cycle Specialist supports the finance organization with various duties related to billing and collection of customer accounts. The position also acts as a patient-focused liaison to assist customers with access to our products through the referral process. This position requires the ability to interact professionally with patients, insurance companies, institutions (including state programs, clinics, and other health professionals), as well as Cambrooke employees. The Revenue Cycle Specialist must be able collect and disseminate information relative to the company’s operating procedures and goals. This position requires regular attendance in the Ayer office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Cambrooke has necessary documentation to start the referral process.
- Contact healthcare professionals, state agencies, and payers (insurance companies) for clinical documents, eligibility, benefits, authorization, and any other items to ensure payment on an as needed basis (e.g., when authorization expires).
- Provide assistance and guidance for patient(s) and their families working through eligibility and prior authorization process with payers.
- Make and receive calls regarding the CAMBROOKEcare process.
- Work with Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBM) and Durable Medical Equipment companies to ensure that patient(s) and their families can obtain the formula and medical foods they require.
- Billing insurance 3rd party and institutions.
- Processing of cash receipts and creation of deposits.
- Research and resolution of internal and external credit clients’ billing queries.
- Collection calls with insurance and institutions.
- Filing and e-filing of A/R.
- Interacting with Client Services and Reimbursement team to resolve or avoid issues.
- Assisting with month end/year end close and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with client services and regional sales teams.
- Maintain medical records in compliance with HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be results and people-orientated having the ability to balance business and relationship considerations.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities at all organizational levels; tactful, mature and flexible.
- Ability to perform multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Ability to think analytically and to assist with new initiatives which support and enhance the organizational mission and values.
- Ability to successfully function and manage workflow during high volume, critical situations. Ability to take proactive steps to prepare for critical situations.
- Working knowledge of commercial and state payers claim processing and procedures (including Medicare, Medicaid and WIC).
- Compassionate and drive to ensure patient(s) and their families receive optimal coverage so they can receive Cambrooke products with the least financial impact on them.
- Strong team player with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work in a seated position for 8 hours daily.
- Ability to utilize a telephone, headset, and computer.
- Detailed oriented with a strong mathematical aptitude.
- Punctuality, a strong work ethic, and an eagerness to share and communicate with the Cambrooke team are required.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; College degree a plus.
- 2 years work experience in medical billing, eligibility, authorization, and interaction with payers.
- Understanding of HCSPC and ICD10 coding.
- Working knowledge of commercial and state payers claim processing and procedures (including Medicare, Medicaid, and WIC).
- Experience in an Accounting/Finance position.
- Advanced with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Detailed oriented with a strong mathematical aptitude.
- Must maintain information security with regard to all company’s proprietary information.
- Knowledge of SalesForce a plus.