Leaders in Therapeutic Medical Nutrition
Founded in 2000, Ajinomoto Cambrooke recognizes the critical nature of managing serious medical disorders through medically based nutrition therapies. For people with serious unmet medical nutrition needs, it is a daily challenge to find flavorful, easy options that can sustain their diets and maintain their nutritional needs.
Good Nutrition Has No Side Effects!™
Who We Are
Ajinomoto Cambrooke (formerly Cambrooke Therapeutics an expansion of Cambrooke Foods) was founded in 2000 by Lynn and David Paolella, the parents of two children diagnosed with a rare disease called phenylketonuria (PKU). PKU is one of the few genetic diseases, which is managed almost entirely with nutritional intervention. The Paolellas’ goal in forming Cambrooke was simple - to develop improved nutritional therapeutic options for those with serious medical disorders.
Today, Cambrooke produces medical formulas and foods for the management of a variety of medical conditions and we are continually innovating new nutritional options targeted at a wide array of diseases.
Leaders in Therapeutic Medical Nutrition
- Cambrooke was the first medical foods company to launch a natural intact protein for the dietary management of phenylketonuria called Glytactin™ (modified glycomacropeptide) and Tylactin™ (modified glycomacropeptide) for the dietary management of Tyrosinemia.
- Cambrooke collaborates with academia and industry partners to transform early phase development projects in therapeutic nutrition into viable commercial products.
- Cambrooke employs scientific experts in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of nutritional therapeutics for patients with rare diseases.
- Cambrooke’s products are supported by clinical evidence for the nutritional management of medical needs before they are selected for commercialization.
- Cambrooke believes that both large and small patient populations are important when it comes to complex nutritional requirements.
Acquired Nualtra in December of 2021 as they aimed to create better value for the healthcare systems in the UK & Ireland through introducing more cost-effective medical nutrition and better lives for patients by developing better tasting supplements to improve their experience of ONS (Oral Nutritional Supplements).
Pioneers as the first amino acid-based formula with no corn syrup solids and all natural and low FODMAP ingredients in Essential Care Jr.™ and a lower costing EquaCare Jr.® that is similar in nutrition and taste to other amino acid-based formulas that are Essentially Better for the GI/allergy patients.
Cambrooke Therapeutics annnounces the corporate name change to Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc. The name change to Ajinomoto Cambrooke reflects the benefits Ajinomoto Co. helps us bring to our customers.
Cambrooke Therapeutics and Trovita Health Science Announce Strategic Alliance for ENU® Nutrition meal replacement shakes. ENU nutrition products were developed in collaboration with registered dietitians from leading academic and community cancer centers in the United States to help those seeking a highly nutritious, more natural, non-GMO nutrition supplement drink.
Acquired by Ajinomoto North America, Inc., a worldwide leader in amino acids, pharmaceuticals, high-quality seasonings, processed foods, beverages, and specialty chemicals.
Glytactin Build™, the lowest calorie GMP-based formula is introduced. Expansion of KetoVie Café line of low-carbohydrate, convenient, ketogenic friendly foods.
KetoVie™, the advanced liquid ketogenic medical food is introduced.
Tylactin RTD and Tylactin Restore, the first metabolic formulas for the dietary management of Tyrosinemia containing a natural protein (GMP) are introduced.
Cambrooke Foods expands, launching Cambrooke Therapeutics.
BetterMilk the first Glytactin with GMP product introduced.
Cambrooke introduces the DietWell™ for PKU app for the iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad® - designed to assist families and individuals in the dietary management of Phenylketonuria (PKU).
CAMINO PRO® Amino Acid metabolic formula products introduced.
Cambrooke Foods founded by Lynn and David Paolella.