CATEGORY Sauce, Appetizer, Pasta
SERVING SIZE 83 g ( 1/3 cup )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 12
- 1 qt (464g) fresh pumpkin, 1-inch cubes
- 2 oz (57g) gresh basil leaves
- 3 (9g) fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (336g) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp (6g) italian herb seasoning
- 4 oz jar marinated artichokes, reserve oil
- 1 tsp CBF Chicken Consomme
- In a food processor, grind up the pumpkin until it resembles small granules. Set aside.
- Saute garlic in 2 Tbs olive oil until just beginning to brown.
- Add pumpkin and seasoning. Cook, stirring continuously for no more than 5-minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- In the food processor, grind up basil first and add drained artichokes. Blend together with pumpkin mixture and add Chicken Consomme, remaining olive oil and reserved artichoke oil marinade.
- Adjust seasoning (salt & pepper).
- SUGGESTIONS: Serve over your favorite CBF pasta or add as a topping on toasted garlic bread.
- NOTE: Store in sealed container in fridge for up to 1 week.
Recipe developed by Amber Gibson, HCU Mom and HCU Network Recipe Coordinator
|Per Recipe||Per Serving|