CATEGORY Main Dish, Rice
SERVING SIZE 400 g ( 1 3/4 Cup )
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 1
- ⅓ cup CT Short Grain Rice
- ¼ cup carrot shreds
- ¼ cup sweet red pepper slices
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- ¼ cup CT Chicken Patty Mix
- 3 Tbs water
- ¾ cup boiling water
- To get started, you need a good thermos. Look for one that will retain heat for at least 5 hours. Pre-heating the thermos prior to adding ingredients is a very important first step. To pre-heat: place boiling water into thermos and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix chicken patty mix with 3 Tbs water and 1 tsp vegetable oil.
- In a saucepan, warm the remaining 2 tsp cooking oil over medium high heat. Once the oil is simmering, sauté chicken patty mix, carrots, red pepper and garlic.
- Add all ingredients to the pre-heated Thermos and stir before replacing the lid. Let cook at least an hour. Will stay hot as long as indicated on Thermos label.
- Suggestion: In a separate container place Pad Thai sauce.
- When ready to eat, add sauce to rice bowl, stir and enjoy.
- Nutrition info does not include calculation for sauce. Nutrition Data for Pad Thai Rice bowl plus sauce: 969 calories, 3.4 g Protein, 151 mg Phe. If following simplified diet: 969 calories, 2.2 g Protein, 98 mg Phe.
|Per Recipe||Per Serving|