Sugar Cream Pie FillingAjinomoto Cambrooke
A recipe by Amber Gibson, Mom and Low Protein Chef
- 1 1/2 c Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Agar Agar powder
- 6 TBSP Butter, cut into pieces
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon, for sprinkling
- 1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg, for sprinkling, can omit
- Have a prebaked low protein pie shell of choice ready.
- Combine coconut milk, vanilla, cornstarch, sugars, salt, and agar in a medium saucepan. Whisk together until well combined. Place saucepan on stove on medium high heat, making sure to stir frequently. Bring to a low boil, then reduce temperature to medium. Cook until thickened, almost like a pudding consistency.
- Remove from pan from heat. Add butter a few pieces at a time to the saucepan and whisk until melted and well incorporated. Do this with all the butter. Pour filling into prebaked pie crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Refrigerate until firm, at least one hour up to overnight. Serve chilled.
Notes The nutritional values are for the filling only.
- 69g in a serving
- 0.7g protein
- 25mg PHE