Low Protein Spaghetti BologneseAjinomoto Cambrooke
- 1 cup (102 g) Cambrooke Burger Patty Mix
- 10-15 Tbsp water
- 5-8 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp (3 g) Cambrooke Chicken Consommé
- 1 sprinkle cumin
- 3-4 containers Cambrooke Marinara Minis
- 1 packet low protein spaghetti, prepared according to package directions
- salt, to taste
- Chopped basil garnish, optional
- In a deep bowl, place Burger Patty Mix. Add water and oil (slowly and gradually while mixing with a fork), then add Chicken Consommé and cumin.
- With a fork, gently mix to get a “mincemeat” crumbly consistency. Place aside.
- In a non-stick frypan, brown onions, then add carrots and zucchini. Add patty mixture and gently combine to keep that “mince/crumbly” consistency. Once mixed through, add Marinara Minis one tub at a time and mix through. Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes. You may need to add in a little hot water to get desired consistency.
- Serve sauce over low protein spaghetti.
Notes: Nutrition information does not include basil garnish or pasta.
Hints: Add different seasonings to suit your taste – Italian herbs, oregano etc. Sprinkle low protein cheddar shreds over the pasta and then combine with your sauce for a cheesy flavor.
Nutritional Information: (7 servings)
- Calories: 190 kcals per serving
- Phe: 38 mg per serving
- Protein: 1.4 g per serving