Low Protein Pumpkin Pie (PKU)Ajinomoto Cambrooke
- ¾ cup Cambrooke MixQuick
- ¾ cup Cambrooke Wheat Starch
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tbs butter flavored shortening
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin
- 3 Tbs cornstarch
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1 small box (85g) COOK-TYPE vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Or 1 tsp cinnamon+½ tsp ginger+½ tsp nutmeg)
- Combine MixQuick or baking mix, wheat starch, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender, fork, or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Dribble water over dry ingredients, blending in with a fork until all of dough clings together.
- Form into smooth ball.
- Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thickness on a surface dusted with baking mix of choice. A pastry cloth or wooden surface works best.
- Place in a pie pan and crimp edges. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- FILLING: Mix all ingredients for the filling in a bowl. Pour into unbaked low protein pie shell.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until pie is set.
Nutritional information (serves 8):
- Phe: 29 mg per serving
- Calories: 380 kcals per serving
- Protein: 0.8g per serving