Hot Cross BunsAjinomoto Cambrooke
- 2.5 cups/ 275g Well-Made Baking Mix
- 2 1/2 cups/ 10g Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tbsp/ 50g White Sugar
- 1 tsp/ 6g Salt
- 1 tbsp/ 15g Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup/ 177ml Lukewarm Water
- Grated rind of 1 medium Orange
- 1tsp/ 2g Nutmeg
- 1 cup/ 144g Currents
- 1 tsp/ 3g Cinnamon
- 1 tsp/ 2g Ground Cloves
- 7.5/ 60g tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Water
- Soak yeast and sugar in water for 10 minutes or until alive and frothy.
- In a large bowl, mix Low Protein Flour and salt. Gradually add yeast mixture and oil until a firm dough is formed. Add more baking mix if needed.
- Add all remaining dough ingredients and knead to combine for 4-5 minutes. Cover with film and let the dough prove overnight in the refrigerator.
- Divide dough into 6 large balls. Cover and leave for another 30 minutes, to prove and increase in size even further.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and bake buns for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush over syrup whilst hot (optional).
- Gradually add water to sugar until a paste is formed
- Fill a piping bag
- Snip end of bag
- Decorate Hot Cross Buns
Makes: 6 medium-large Hot Cross Buns.