Cornbread with Wel Made Baking MixAjinomoto Cambrooke
- 1 cup / 100 g Wel-Made Baking Mix
- 3 tsp / 15 g baking powder
- 1 tsp / 5 g vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup / 62 g corn meal
- 1/2 cup / 62 g corn starch
- 1/2 cup / 55 g butter
- 1/2 cup / 50 g sugar
- 1 tsp / 6 g salt
- 1 1/4 cups / 280 ml water
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add softened butter and oil, and rub together with your fingers until breadcrumbs are formed.
- Gradually add the water, mixing all the time.
- Pour into greased 9 inch pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes. If you put a knife into the centre of the bread and it comes out clean, you know it is ready.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional information (makes 12 slices):
- Calories: 128 kcals
- Phe: 23.5 mg
- Protein: 0.5 g