Wel-Made Baking Mix Recipe Series: Hot Cross BunsAjinomoto Cambrooke
Makes: 6 buns
- 2.5 cups/275g Cambrooke Wel-Made Baking Mix
- 2.5 tsp/10g yeast, active dry
- 2 tbsp/25g sugar
- 1 tsp/6g salt
- 1 tbsp/15g vegetable oil
- 3/4 cups/177ml lukewarm water
- grated rind of 1 medium orange
- 1 cup/144g currents
- 1 tsp/2g ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp/2g ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp/2g ground cloves
- 7.5 tbsp/60g confectioners sugar, powdered
- 1 tsp water
Optional: Syrup (any) and butter to serve.
- Soak yeast and sugar in water for 10 minutes or until alive and frothy.
- In a large bowl, mix Cambrooke Wel-Made Baking Mix and salt. Gradually add yeast mixture and oil until a firm dough is formed. Add more baking mix if needed.
- Add all remaining dough ingredients and knead to combine for 4-5 minutes. Cover with film and let the dough prove overnight in the refrigerator.
- Divide dough into 6 large balls. Cover and leave for another 30 minutes, to prove and increase in size even further.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and bake buns for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush over syrup whilst hot (optional).
- Gradually add water to sugar until a thick paste is formed.
- Fill a piping bag with the icing, and draw a cross on each bun.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 333 kcals
- Phe: 51mg
- Protein: 1.56g